Book OnlineEast section of the South Downs Way
Total distance: 52.5 miles (84 km)
Duration: 6 nights, 5 days walking
Minimum daily distance: 10 miles (16 km)
Maximum daily distance: 12 miles (19 km)
Season: 1st January - 31st December
Start of holiday: Amberley
End of holiday: Eastbourne
Day 1: Travel to Amberley where your first nights accommodation has been booked
Day 2: Amberley to Steyning. 10 miles (16km)
Day 3: Steyning to Pyecombe. 10.5 miles (17km)
Day 4: Pyecombe to Kingston-near-Lewes. 10 miles (16km)
Day 5: Kingston-near-Lewes to Alfriston. 12 miles (19km)
Day 6: Alfriston to Eastbourne. 11 miles (17.5km)
Day 7: Depart from Eastbourne after breakfast
The itinerary above shows our preferred overnight stops, but if accommodation is not available at any one of these locations, we may alter the itinerary slightly.
click on the profile to enlarge
- 6 nights accommodation in en-suite rooms with private bathrooms (where available) in selected hotels, inns and guesthouses along the trail.
- Breakfast each day.
- Door to door luggage transfer.
- Maps with the route marked on and a guidebook describing the trail.
- An information pack containing an itinerary, instructions on how to find your accommodation each night, town plans, information about facilities and places of interest along the trail and a kit list.
- Detailed travel instructions on how to get to the start of your holiday and back from the end of it.
- Emergency assistance.
Travel InformationDetailed instructions on how to get to the start of the holiday and back from the end of it are sent to you on booking. A summary is given below.
Most convenient railway station (start of trail): Amberley
Most convenient railway station (end of trail): Eastbourne
It is very easy to travel to the start (and return home from the end) of the holiday using public transport. Please click here for more information.
Click here for a summary of monthly average temperatures and rainfall for this trail.