Book OnlineShakespeare's Way (Stratford-upon-Avon to London)
Total distance: 146 miles (233.5 km)
Duration: 12 nights, 11 days walking
Minimum daily distance: 9 miles (14.5 km)
Maximum daily distance: 17 miles (27 km)
Season: 1st January - 31st December
Start of holiday: Stratford-upon-Avon
End of holiday: Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Southwark
Day 1: Travel to Stratford-upon-Avon where your first nights accommodation has been booked
Day 2: Stratford-upon-Avon to Shipston-on-Stour. 17 miles (27km)
Day 3: Shipston-on-Stour to Chipping Norton. 14 miles (22km)
Day 4: Chipping Norton to Woodstock. 16 miles (25.5km)
Day 5: Woodstock to Oxford. 11 miles (17.5km)
Day 6: Oxford to Stadhampton/Chalgrove. 11 miles (17.5km)
Day 7: Stadhampton/Chalgrove to Cookley Green/Pishill. 15 miles (24km)
Day 8: Cookley Green/Pishill to Marlow. 14 miles (22.5km)
Day 9: Marlow to Farnham Common, nr Slough. 11 miles (17.5km)
Day 10: Farnham Common, nr Slough to Iver/West Drayton. 9 miles (14.5km)
Day 11: Iver/West Drayton to Kew/Chiswick. 12 miles (19km)
Day 12: Kew/Chiswick to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Southwark. 16 miles (25.5km)
Day 13: Depart from Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Southwark after breakfast
The itinerary above shows our preferred overnight stops, but if accommodation is not available at any one of these locations, we may alter the itinerary slightly.
- 12 nights accommodation in en-suite rooms with private bathrooms (where available) in selected hotels, inns and guesthouses along the trail.
- Breakfast each day.
- Door to door luggage transfer.
- Maps with the route marked on and a guidebook describing the trail.
- An information pack containing an itinerary, instructions on how to find your accommodation each night, town plans, information about facilities and places of interest along the trail and a kit list.
- Detailed travel instructions on how to get to the start of your holiday and back from the end of it.
- Emergency assistance.
It is very easy to travel to the start (and return home from the end) of the holiday using public transport. Please click here for more information.
Click here for a summary of monthly average temperatures and rainfall for this trail.