Book OnlineSouth West Cornwall
Total distance: 60 miles (96 km)
Duration: 5 nights, 4 days walking
Minimum daily distance: 14 miles (22.5 km)
Maximum daily distance: 18 miles (29 km)
Season: 1st January - 31st December
Start of holiday: Penzance
End of holiday: Falmouth
Day 1: Travel to Penzance where your first nights accommodation has been booked
Day 2: Penzance to Porthleven. 14 miles (22.5km)
Day 3: Porthleven to The Lizard. 14.5 miles (23km)
Day 4: The Lizard to Porthallow. 15 miles (24km)
Day 5: Porthallow to Falmouth. 18 miles (29km)
Day 6: Depart from Falmouth after breakfast
The itinerary above shows our preferred overnight stops, but if accommodation is not available at any one of these locations, we may alter the itinerary slightly.
Extra nights / rest days
An extra night gives you the chance to explore some of the villages on the path or to simply relax on one of the sandy beaches for which Cornwall is famous.
Porthleven, with its picturesque harbour, is a lovely place to linger while Porthallow is a charming, unspoilt Cornish fishing village. Both locations are superb for a relaxing day.
click on the profile to enlarge
- 5 nights accommodation in en-suite rooms with private bathrooms (where available) in selected hotels, inns and guesthouses along the trail.
- Breakfast each day.
- Door to door luggage transfer.
- Maps with the route marked on and a guidebook describing the trail.
- An information pack containing an itinerary, instructions on how to find your accommodation each night, town plans, information about facilities and places of interest along the trail and a kit list.
- Detailed travel instructions on how to get to the start of your holiday and back from the end of it.
- Emergency assistance.
Travel InformationDetailed instructions on how to get to the start of the holiday and back from the end of it are sent to you on booking. A summary is given below.
Most convenient international airport: London
Outward journey from London to Penzance: There is a fast and frequent rail service from London Paddington to Penzance (5 ? hours).
Return journey to London at the end of the holiday: There is a regular rail service between Falmouth and London Paddington via Truro (5 hours).
Returning to your car at the end of the tour: Train to Penzance via Truro.
It is very easy to travel to the start (and return home from the end) of the holiday using public transport. Please click here for more information.
Click here for a summary of monthly average temperatures and rainfall for this trail.