Book OnlineCornwall's Atlantic Coast - South
Total distance: 66 miles (106 km)
Duration: 11 nights, 10 days walking
Minimum daily distance: 4.5 miles (7 km)
Maximum daily distance: 8.5 miles (13.5 km)
Season: 1st January - 31st December
Start of holiday: Padstow
End of holiday: St Ives
Day 1: Travel to Padstow where your first nights accommodation has been booked
Day 2: Padstow to Trevone. 5.5 miles (9km)
Day 3: Trevone to Porthcothan. 8 miles (13km)
Day 4: Porthcothan to Mawgan Porth. 4.5 miles (7km)
Day 5: Mawgan Porth to Newquay. 7 miles (11km)
Day 6: Newquay to Holywell. 6.5 miles (10.5km)
Day 7: Holywell to St Agnes. 7 miles (11km)
Day 8: St Agnes to Portreath. 8.5 miles (13.5km)
Day 9: Portreath to Gwithian. 7.5 miles (12km)
Day 10: Gwithian to Hayle. 5 miles (8km)
Day 11: Hayle to St Ives. 5.5 miles (9km)
Day 12: Depart from St Ives after breakfast
The itinerary above shows our preferred overnight stops, but if accommodation is not available at any one of these locations, we may alter the itinerary slightly.
click on the profile to enlarge
- 11 nights accommodation in en-suite rooms with private bathrooms (where available) in selected hotels, inns and guesthouses along the trail.
- Breakfast each day.
- Door to door luggage transfer.
- Maps with the route marked on and a guidebook describing the trail.
- An information pack containing an itinerary, instructions on how to find your accommodation each night, town plans, information about facilities and places of interest along the trail and a kit list.
- Detailed travel instructions on how to get to the start of your holiday and back from the end of it.
- Emergency assistance.
Travel InformationDetailed instructions on how to get to the start of the holiday and back from the end of it are sent to you on booking. A summary is given below.
Most convenient International airport: London
Outward journey from London to Padstow: The nearest railway station to Padstow is Bodmin Parkway. There is a regular bus service between Padstow and Bodmin Parkway. There is a regular train service from London Paddington to Bodmin Parkway (4 hours)
Return journey to London at the end of the holiday: There is a frequent service from St Ives railway station to London Paddington via Exeter (6 hours).
It is very easy to travel to the start (and return home from the end) of the holiday using public transport. Please click here for more information.
Click here for a summary of monthly average temperatures and rainfall for this trail.