East Highland Way
The East Highland Way is a wonderful new walk through the Highlands of Scotland. Beginning in Fort William at the foot of Ben Nevis and ending in Aviemore in the shadow of the Cairngorm Mountains, it passes through an enchanting mix of secluded glens, heather-clad hills, broadleaf woodland, rugged mountains and pine-scented forest. The wildlife in this corner of the Scottish Highlands is abundant. With luck you may spot black grouse, capercaille, crossbill, osprey, goshawk, golden eagle, red squirrel, pine martin, mountain hare, otter and the Scottish wildcat or ‘Highland Tiger’.
While the main highlights of the East Highland Way are the scenery and wildlife, the walk also takes in some of Scotland’s finest historical attractions including Old Inverlochy Castle, the Pictish Fort Dun da Lamh, Ruthven Barracks and the stunning island castle of Loch an Eilein.
- Walking in the shadow of Ben Nevis on the route out of Fort William.
- Looking for the elusive Scottish wildcat in the woodland and moorland of the Scottish Highlands.
- Experiencing the wildness as you pass through contrasting landscapes, including quiet mountains, remote moorland, broadleaf forests and ancient Caledonian forests.
- Combine the East Highland Way with the Speyside Way and enjoy a superb coast to coast walk across the Highlands of Scotland.
- Combine the West Highland Way, East Highland Way and Speyside Way for an outstanding end-to-end walk through the Scottish Highlands.
|Total Distance||78 miles (125 km)|
|Start and Finish||Fort William to Aviemore|
|Availability||28th March to 10th October|
click on a photo to enlarge
|Tour Code||Itinerary||Tour Price|
|EHW1||6 nights, 5 days walking||£535 per person||More Information||Book Online|
|EHW2||7 nights, 6 days walking||£620 per person||More Information||Book Online|
|EHW3||8 nights, 7 days walking||£705 per person||More Information||Book Online|
|Our prices are based upon two people sharing a room. If you are walking on your own, or are part of a group, but require a room of your own, one of the following charges applies:|
|Solo Walker Supplement||£40 per person / per night|
|Single Supplement||£25 per person / per night|
|You can add rest days at any of the overnight stops:|
|Extra night (Standard)||£50 per person / per night|
|All of our prices are in British pounds (£). Use our currency converter to convert British pounds (£) to your country’s currency.|
The price that you pay includes:
- accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis.
- door to door luggage transfers for every day of your tour.
- maps, guidebooks and a tour pack detailing specific information about your holiday.