Book OnlinePeddars Way
Total distance: 49 miles (78 km)
Duration: 4 nights, 3 days walking
Minimum daily distance: 12.5 miles (20 km)
Maximum daily distance: 22 miles (35 km)
Season: 1st January - 31st December
Start of holiday: Thetford/Knettishall Heath
End of holiday: Hunstanton
Day 1: Travel to Thetford/Knettishall Heath where your first nights accommodation has been booked
Day 2: Thetford/Knettishall Heath to Little Cressingham. 14.5 miles (23km)
Day 3: Little Cressingham to Castle Acre. 12.5 miles (20km)
Day 4: Castle Acre to Hunstanton. 22 miles (35km)
Day 5: Depart from Hunstanton after breakfast
The itinerary above shows our preferred overnight stops, but if accommodation is not available at any one of these locations, we may alter the itinerary slightly.
click on the profile to enlarge
- 4 nights accommodation in en-suite rooms with private bathrooms (where available) in selected hotels, inns and guesthouses along the trail.
- Breakfast each day.
- Door to door luggage transfer.
- Maps with the route marked on and a guidebook describing the trail.
- An information pack containing an itinerary, instructions on how to find your accommodation each night, town plans, information about facilities and places of interest along the trail and a kit list.
- Detailed travel instructions on how to get to the start of your holiday and back from the end of it.
- Emergency assistance.
Travel InformationDetailed instructions on how to get to the start of the holiday and back from the end of it are sent to you on booking. A summary is given below.
Most convenient major city and international airport: London
Outward journey from London to Thetford: There is a fast and frequent rail service between London King's Cross and Thetford. The journey takes approximately 2 hours.
Return journey to London at the end of the holiday: Bus or taxi to Kings Lynn. Train service to London King's Cross. The journey takes about 2 hours 30 minutes.
It is very easy to travel to the start (and return home from the end) of the holiday using public transport. Please click here for more information.
Click here for a summary of monthly average temperatures and rainfall for this trail.